Wednesday 16 May 2012

Darkness

I think my mind is full of my own personal darkness, which grabs hold of my brain with its large claw like hands and tries to squeeze out all the good in my mind.

The darkness that fills my mind is my depression which initially was an unwelcome friend, but now is more like a friendly foe.

I’m used to the darkness lingering, polluting my mind creeping into every existing though that lives in my mind and planting seeds of darkness in new thoughts and feelings, tainting them leaving inky fingerprints wherever it goes.

Darkness is really a constant friend, whispering in my ear planting seeds of doubt and turning positive things into negative and paranoid things. Darkness clings to me and it's always one step behind me like my second shadow, which I can only see.

But people can see glimpses of my darkness in my eyes, as they don’t sparkle anymore, like they used to before the depression came to stay. The darkness lingers in my pupils, making them look like two bottomless pools.

The darkness is here to stay I’m afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment